I am thrilled that I am now 37 weeks along and technically have a full-term baby rolling around in my belly! It's still hard to believe that I have a full on baby in there. I am so curious to find out what Baby Neufeld looks like.
I had a midwife appointment this week and it was a very overwhelming visit for me. It finally hit me at the appointment that I was in my 37th week and so close to meeting Baby Neufeld and being a Mom. I mean of course I knew this before, but this week it finally sunk in and felt so real. We talked about labour, when to call my midwife, and how I was feeling. My ankles have gotten quite swollen over the past couple of weeks and my back has been hurting everyday so my midwife recommended that I stop work sooner than I was planning to. I intended to work until the week before my due date but my midwife recommended that I either work my final day this week or next week. I opted for the end of next week and couldn't help but feel a bit guilty and a tad like a failure because I wasn't able to work as long as I had hoped to. My midwife assured me that working until 38 weeks does not make a failure out of you and also hearing from my acupuncturist and chiropractor that I really needed to stop working soon because it was putting too much strain on my body has convinced me that my midwife is right. I know I have to listen to the experts and take care of my body and the baby first and foremost. And like Mike says "you're 8 months pregnant, and this is no time to be a hero". So, my last day of work will be August 13th...only 5 more working days left! Eeeeeek!
We finished off our baby room this past week and we are so happy with how it turned out. It took a lot of work on both Mike's and my part, moving our computer into our bedroom, building the crib, cleaning, decorating, etc. but it was all worth it. Now all we need is a little bundle of joy to complete this room :)

Yay, I can't believe you are almost there. Well me too... It seems like a while ago that we announced our news to our co-workers but its actually gone by quite fast. So many changes coming our way. You are going to make an awesome mom. Don't feel guilty one bit for stopping work earlier than you anticipated. It's important now that you get the rest you need, both physically and mentally. Cheers to you Cheryl and I can't wait to meet baby Neufeld. xoxo
ReplyDelete