
This weekend we spent an afternoon in an Infant Care Class that I signed us up for through BC Women’s Hospital. The class was held at Children’s Hospital and since our friends Becca and Shayne are expecting their first baby a month before us, they signed up for the same course too.
There were seven couples including ourselves in the course and we each were provided with a baby doll, bath tub, receiving cloths, wash cloths, cloth and disposable diapers, etc. to practice with. The instructor covered topics such as what to expect your baby to look like when he/she first comes out, we learned about the two fontanels (soft spots) on a baby’s head, at what age a baby tends to cry the most, how to change diapers, and things to expect in a developing baby from 0-6 months (like cradle cap and little white dots on their face, etc). The instructor went over bathing, holding, and soothing babies, as well as how to properly put a baby in a car seat, the kinds of things to look for in a sick child, how you should try to portion out your day for the 1st six months and a WHOLE LOT more.
Since Mike and I will be brand new at this, we found it very useful and informative. The course basically covered any topic I’d been thinking or wondering about. I would highly recommend it to all new parents.

glad you liked the class...now - more belly bump photos please!
ReplyDelete