
Today I am officially 20 weeks along which means we are half way there! In a way it feels like I can’t believe we’re already at this point, but at the same time it also feels like such a long time ago that we found out we were pregnant. The days of nausea and keeping our pregnancy a secret from the world feel like ages ago, but we’re half way there? Really? It’s been less than two months since we were able to share our pregnancy with our friends and really only about a month or so (depending on how well you know me) since I started actually showing. On the other hand I feel like I had been looking forward to our ultrasound, which we had last week, for a very long time and I feel like I’ve been eagerly anticipating feeling our baby move in my tummy for some time.
It’s starting to feel very real now. The first few months felt very surreal and it’s funny to say, but at times, I almost forgot I was pregnant. Now, there’s no forgetting. I’ve been researching strollers, car seats, cribs, gliders, etc. and we’ve been planning out how we’re going to organize and decorate the baby’s room. I think Mike actually being able to see my tummy growing is making it very real for him. He is still a bit weirded out by something moving in my tummy but he’s totally into the planning and preparing for our baby.
I am so excited to see how the next half of my pregnancy unfolds. I think it will go by quickly now that we are starting to get into the planning stage. We can now start choosing and shopping for baby stuff. We are so fortunate to have amazing families who have graciously offered to buy us some of our essential items. A lot of people have told us that shopping for the baby in the

I think it is time for a new belly bump photo!
ReplyDelete